What to do?
First and foremost, we would like to make it clear: The Erasmus+ programme does not force you to stay or go abroad!
If you are abroad and want to return to Germany early, please note the following:
- If you are in a country that is classified as risky by the German Foreign Office, the scholarship will be calculated to the day of your departure. If you have been overpaid with the first instalment, we will have to reclaim this part of your scholarship.
- If you are in a country that is not classified as a risk area, but wish to return because you fear that you will be affected by the border closures, you will also be leaving. We cannot guarantee whether this is a case of force majeure. Therefore, in Germany, go to a doctor immediately and ask for a certificate that you are unable to complete the internship for health reasons.
- If possible, have the completed internship period confirmed. If you have completed at least two months of internship, you should have completed enough tasks for a qualified internship certificate.
If you are still in Germany and cannot or do not wish to travel abroad, please note the following:
- We have to reclaim already paid scholarships for internships abroad that have not been taken up.
- Please contact the host institution. It may be possible to postpone the internship.
Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the planned internship abroad. We are at your disposal by e-mail on weekdays (within the EU: firstname.lastname@example.org; outside the EU: email@example.com) and will try to find a solution together with you.
Please also find further information on the DAAD website: https://www.daad.de/en/coronavirus/