Erasmus+ ICM Mobility tageting Saxony
Erasmus + ICM mobility projects aim to support experienced, budding and entirely new university partnerships by providing funding for mobility.
Staff Mobility in the frame of our LEOSACHSEN project targets as much the development of partnerships and the preparation, supervision and the follow-up of student mobility as the further training of the individual beneficiary.
The term staff mobility covers both: faculty and staff.
In detail the programme aims to:
- Strengthen the capacity, attractiveness and international orientation of institutions which are active in education and training, so they can tailor their offers to the needs of their European and non-European partners.
- Foster the development of Synergies.
- Rise the partners’ intercultural awareness for different countries and cultures, open up opportunities for international networking.
- Increase the quality and internationalization of teaching and training.
- Support further training of individuals and improve their language skills.
The current project gives priority to the development and support of international partnerships between the Saxon universities and their non-European partner institutions. Further education of individuals will be supported subordinate.
This activity tagets faculty only. Beneficiaries can carry out guest lectureships for a certain period of time in a chosen subject at one of the Saxon higher education instituions.
Precondition is that the sending university and the host instition have signed an inter-institutional agreement.
Guest lecturers should strengthen the international dimension of the host university, supplement their hosts curriculum and impart their expertise to students who do not want to or can not study abroad. Whenever possible, the development of joint study programs should be as important as the exchange of teaching content and methods.
LEOSACHSEN promotes STA staff mobility only for the Berufsakademie Sachsen, the Hochschule für Telekommunikation Leipzig and the Fachhochschule Dresden. Participants of other higher education institutions need to contact their own and/or the Saxon partners’ International Office.
The lectureships should generally aim at to:
- promote processes of internationalization of research, teaching and everyday university life.
- support personnel development processes (development of professional, linguistic and intercultural competences).
- exchange of experience and knowledge transfer.
- build and strengthen international networks, to initiate first contacts and to coordinate processes for future cooperation and mobility activities as well as
- initiate and develope cooperation with the business or research sector, as well as ty, culture and arts sector.
8 hours of teaching must be conducted during the first week of stay. 1.6 additional hours for each additional day.
To support the universities efforts of internationalization as well as the faciliation and execution of student mobility, Erasmus+ ICM finances further training of faculty and staff.
Please note, that the mere participation of conferences is not eligible for funding.
It is possible to combine STA and STT mobility. In this case only half the for STA required hours of lecture must be conducted.
Financially supported mobility needs to:
- comply with the current programme priority for student mobility for training: acquisition of digital literacy.
- focus as much on the partner universities’ development with regards to education and curriculum design as the own.
- put particular emphasis on social inclustion of refugees, migrants to prevent radicalisation.
The following objectives do not just focus the financially supported person, but also the sending and receiving institution:
- To improve competences in relation to the respective job profiles,
- To increase transnational understanding of education and training practices, policies and systems,
- To work towards the international opening of education institutions,
- To exchange best practice with regards to the initiation of change and modernization efforts.
- To gain a better understanding of the coherence of formal and non-formal education on the one hand and the labor market on the other.
- To improve the understanding of and greater candour with regards to social, linguistic and cultural diversity.
- To develop and imporove the ability to address the needs of disadvantaged groups.
- To promote learners’ mobility.
- To foster careers and career opportunities.
- To improve foreign language skills.
- To increase employees and students motivation and satisfaction.
- To empower collaboration on European and international level:
- adapt management and internationalization strategies,
- increase cooperation with partners from other countries,
- support allocation of funding for the development and launch of European / international projects,
- improve preparation, implementation, monitoring and follow-up European / international projects,
- foster innovation in work in the interest of the target groups, for example through tailor made programs for students and trainee, taking into account the needs and expectations,
- improve qualification of teachers and trainers,
- develop recognition and validation processes of competences acquired in learning periods abroad,
- involve external partners, such as local communities and busindesses,
- actively involve young people and take into account disadvantaged groups, etc .
- develop a more up-to-date, dynamic, dedicated and professional environment within the organization,
- foster willingness to apply best practices and new methods in daily activities, openness to recognize synergies with organizations active in other social, educational and employment fields, strategic planning of the professional development of the partners’ faculty and staff, thereby taking into account the individuals’ needs and objectives of the organization;
- where appropriate, ability to attract outstanding students and university staff from around the world.
The application for an Erasmus+ ICM grant for staff mobility will be carried out paperless via the MoveOn application platform. Please note the following information before you register:
- If you are still looking for a receiving institution, registration via MoveOn is not possible.
- Since the online application form request information regarding the receiving institution and the contents of your mobility, we advise you to negotiate the details with your Saxon partner in advance. You can use the form “Description Staffmobility”.
- Please do not submit any further documents. They do not have any influence on the selection process.
- Please make sure to use the English form even though you may be able to switch between English and German.
Please follow the link and the instructions given for a successful registration in our application portal.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Most of the frequent questions will be answered if you read the sections down below.
Erasmus+ ICM does generally last between 5 to 60 days. The current LEOSACHSEN project supports staff mobility depending on the individual partnership between 5 to 14 days. Therefore, please communicate the planned duration of your stay with your project partner. If you apply to one of our open calls, the funding period is given.
Please note, that you need to indicate the exact period of your stay in your online application.
Erasmus+ ICM staff mobility for teaching (STA) or training (STT) can be carried out between eligible heigher education institutions (HEI). HEI are eligible
- if they are not expressly excluded from funding by the European Commission.
- if – in case of STA – sending and receiving instition have signed an inter – institutional agreement.
If you’re applying for funding in the frame of partnership you can be sure, that your sending institution is eligible for funding. If you apply for one of our open calls, we will check eligibility before we decide on your request.
If you apply for funding, your mobility needs to be part of a specific partnership, which has been approved for funding in the call 2018, or is a reaction on one of our open calls down below.
Please make sure, that your chosen target country is neither the country in which the sending instition is situated nor the country of your primary residence.
Open Calls for project year 2018-2020
|STT from Partner Country to Germany||Duration|
|Japan||an University Osaka vergeben
an University Kyoto vergeben
|5 days each|
|Canada||an Albertaner Hochschulen vergeben|
||an neuseeländischen Projektantragspartner vergeben|
|Thailand||1 von 2||10 days|
|Viet Nam||1||7 days|
- Requested application documents are complete.
- You are employed in the academic or non-academic sector of a HEI, situated in one of the countries named above in the open calls. Your employer maintains a partnership with one of our Saxon HEIs of the consortium.
- Tasks during your stay need to refer to your field work.
- STA needs to involve at least 8 hours teaching during the first 2-7 days of duration. If you stay longer than that, add 1.6 hours per additional day. If you combine STA/ STT the prescribed number of teaching hours will be halved.
- Financial support can be granted for several mobility flows.
- Participants need to meet the programme requirements regarding insurance.
- Eligibile to send faculty or staff are institutions, which are not generally excluded by the European Commission: Check here.
Any failure to comply with the regulations of contracted agreement results in the reduction or reclaim of the Erasmus+ ICM grant. This refers to:
- reduced stay to less than 5 days without being able to provide proof of objective reasons (for example, illness, force majeure).
- inability to provide the necessary contracts and/ or closing documents.
LEOSACHSEN subsidy amounts are based on the stipulations of the Erasmus+ Guide of the European Commission and the NA DAAD. The financial support for Erasmus+ ICM staff mobility reflects the varying living costs in the destination countries and on the distance to be overcome.
Mobility can either be financially supported or completely promoted as a zero grant. It is not allowed to combine both.
The following fix amount is used to calculate the residence allowance from the 1st to 14th day of stay: 160 EUR per day. From 15th day on this amount reduces to 112 EUR.
Beneficiaries also receive travel allowance according to the following scale of distance:
500 km – 1.999 km 275 EUR
2.000 km – 2.999 km 360 EUR
3.000 km – 3.999 km 530 EUR
4.000 km – 7.999 km 820 EUR
8.000 km and more t 1.500 EUR
In addition, subsistance allowance is granted for one additional day of travel before or after the mobility for each and every open call of LEOSACHSEN.
This approach may differ, if you travel within a certain partnership, as partners can set their own priorities: no extra travel day, one or even two days for very long journeys, such as to and from Indonesia. However, it is general rule, that all mobilities granted within the same partnership are subject to the principle of equal treatment.
Please take this information for what it is: information and orientation. The decision regarding your actual amount of funding will be made according to your application material and with regards to the available financial means in the project.
The disbursement of the approved funding amount will be carried out in one instalment. If international guests do not have an European or German bank account, they will be paid out in cash or by cheque. If an account is available, the complete amount will be transfered after the Erasmus+ ICM contract comes into effect by completing all signatures on it.
Erasmus+ has set itself the goal of promoting equal opportunities to all people and foster inclusion of people with disabilities. For this reason, participants with special needs shall have easier access to the program. People with a degree of disability (GdB) of at least 50% can, therefore, apply for special financial support for their Erasmus+ ICM staff mobility.
LEOSACHSEN needs to apply for special funding with the National Agency – the DAAD. This application must be submitted at least two months before the beginning of the mobility. Therefore, please contact LEOSACHSEN for advice at least 3 months prior to your intendet start of mobility.
Upon decision of the NA DAAD, LEOSACHSEN receives the special funds via a individual supplementary agreement. On the basis of which, the special funds can be passed on to the participants The maximum limit for individual special support by the NA DAAD is EUR 10,000.
The subsidy is calculated on the basis of additional costs that result from the stay abroad and cannot be covered by other institutions (integration offices, health insurance funds, regional associations, social services, Studentenwerk). This must be proved with the application.
Within one month after the end of the mobility, the participant needs to submit the regular EU-Survey, which will be added by questions regarding the special situation of people with disability.
Please note, that LEOSACHSEN needs to collect and keep the original receipts of all additional costs that occurred (airline tickes, rental agreements, work contracts with support staff, etc.) within two months after the mobility to be able to balance out the grant and actual cost.
Generally, the dicision to award an Erasmus+ ICM grant cann only be made within the available project recources.
The following formal criteria must be given:
- Funding can only be granted after application process has been completed.
- You are an employee at an eligible partner HEI.
- Your application has been transmitted prior to your mobility start.
- The sending country is eligible for funding.
- In case of STA you target an eligible Saxon HEI and have counted for the right amount of hours lecturing.
- The planned duration does not fall below the minimum duration of 5 days.
Information regarding the sending/ receiving institution, the mobility and the applicant are conform with the Erasmus+ ICM programme eligibility criteria:
- You’ve got a firm commitment of the receiving institution.
- The targets and tasks of the mobility refer to your assignments and responsibilities at work.
Last not least Darüber hinaus LEOSACHSEN consults the sending and receiving partner.
Legal claim to receive Erasmus+ ICM funding does only come into effect after the Grant Agreement and the Mobility Agreement have been signed by all necessary parties.